Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almond Butter Cookies

Perfect Almond Butter Cookies
Aunt Joan gave me some Rycraft cookie stamps for like my 16th or 17th birthday, and I still have them.  With the stamps came a recipe book for all kinds of shortbread.  This recipe is my favorite from that book, and when I make them for people, these always get rave reviews.  They are so simple, it's hard to believe they're so loved, but they have just the perfect amount of sweetness and their texture is perfectly melt-in-your-mouth crisp.  I like mine to be clearly browned on the edges in order to get the full flavor of this buttery cookie.

Almond Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
Instructions: 
Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter & sugar.  Add extract.  Add salt & flour.  Chill dough.  Form one-inch balls & roll in sugar.  Stamp with cookie stamp.
Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
* These cookies are also great with ½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Cookie stamps from Rycraft and Almond extract from Penzy's Spices









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If your comment is more of a question about something you are cooking RIGHT NOW, please email me the question in addition to posting it here. I check my email more frequently than I check my blog comments. :)
mckellysu@gmail.com

01 09