Monday, January 16, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies with Blueberry Craisins


Oatmeal Cookies with Blueberry Craisins
In an attempt to make my ideal oatmeal raisin cookie, I've gotten sidetracked because in my cupboard next to the raisins is the bag of Blueberry Craisins that I bought with the intention of using in some orange blueberry scones.  Well, that  hasn't happened yet, so I thought these nifty little blueberry infused Craisins would really be great in an oatmeal cookie.  So I did it.  And they ARE delicious.  
I based this cookie on the Shakespeare Oatmeal Cookies that I've blogged about, which are pretty sweet.  They have a nice chewy texture, though, with nice crisp edges.  The blueberry burst you get when you bite into them is nice and unique.  I think I'll be making these again.

Oatmeal Cookies with Blueberry Craisins

Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp  ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
  • ½ cup butter
  • ½ cup vegetable shortening
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Blueberry Craisins
Instructions:
Sift flour, salt, soda, & spices together.  Stir in oats.
Cream butter, shortening, & sugars.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients and blend well. Stir in Blueberry Craisins (Note: I took a few moments to separate the Craisins that were stuck together before adding them to the dough.)  Refrigerate dough for at least two hours or overnight. 
Preheat oven to 350°.  Form dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.  Allow cookies to cool on wire rack.
Makes about 4 1/2 to 5 dozen cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If your comment is more of a question about something you are cooking RIGHT NOW, please email me the question in addition to posting it here. I check my email more frequently than I check my blog comments. :)
mckellysu@gmail.com

01 09